Business Design Centre

Blog

Your Guide To Healthy Foods

18.01.2017

One of the hardest parts of starting a New Year health kick is knowing what foods are ‘good’ for you to lose weight (if thats’s your goal) and to help you to look and feel awesome

With so much information out there about the ‘best’ and ‘worst’ foods for you, it can be a bit of a minefield knowing what’s a green light.

Before I share my pick of healthy foods to feature in your diet regularly, I want to inform you that there are no ‘good’ or ‘bad’ foods.

There are just good diets and bad diets.

In my opinion, when we start giving food labels, particularly labels such as ‘bad for you’ or ‘not good’ and putting them off limits, then we are instantly creating a negative relationship with those foods.

The concept that certain foods are ‘bad’ means that when we eat them, (and you will at some point, especially if you’re following a restrictive, low calorie, minimal food enjoyment diet) they will promote feelings of negativity and guilt.

While we still have that mindset, we cannot have a guilt-free, pleasurable relationship with food (and subsequently our bodies) nor fully embrace healthy eating and a balanced and moderate diet.

I always say that balance and moderation don’t sound sexy, but they do work.

If in doubt, I think the 80/20 rule is a great place to start (making positive food choices for your body and health 80% of the time and indulging the other 20%).

Over time, healthy eating will become the norm for you.

The more you practise it and make it part of your everyday habits, the easier it becomes and you won’t even have to think about it in the future.

To help you along the way, here are some food ideas for you to include in your diet.

Next week I will be sharing my top tips for losing weight (and keeping it off) for good.

Come and be sociable with me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Posted by Rebecca

© 2018 Business Design Centre