First Time Buyer Home Show 2014
Recent political party conferences have highlighted housing as items that are high on agendas. Ed Milliband has targeted housing as a key election issue, promising to double the number of first time buyers and Prime Minister; David Cameron announced a new Help-to-Buy scheme which will see 100,000 homes built on brownfield sites. Buyers under the age of 40 will also be able to purchase at 20% below the market rate.
This promises to be a big help for those who aren’t currently able to get onto the property ladder. For even more assistance the BDC is hosting a show made just for those visitors who need a hand up, or at the least pointing in the right direction. Saturday 18th October sees the venue open its doors to buyers and their family who are looking to get their first property.
Lynda Clark Editor of First Time Buyer magazine said, "Our aim is to give as much essential information on all aspects of buying your first home. We want to dispel the myths, reinforce the facts and arm the first timer with the knowledge to navigate their way through the home buying process. The First Time Buyer Home Show does this and more and is the perfect one-stop shop to find out everything you need to know to get that all-important foot on the property ladder."
The show has a plethora of information aimed at ‘FTB’s’ including:
- Free of charge one to one sessions with independent financial and housing experts
- New build properties for sale under the Help to Buy equity loan scheme
- New and existing shared ownership properties for sale
- Advice from legal experts
- Latest property market update, including future London price trends
- Seminars on mortgage finance, shared ownership, Help to Buy and Experian who will be discussing the all-important credit rating
- TV Celebrity, Nikki Chapman will be interviewing first time buyers who have bought through shared ownership and Help to Buy
Now in its sixth year, the BDC is pleased to be able to host a show that helps introduce thousands of would be first time buyers to the right schemes and to see them secure their first step on the housing ladder.
For more information on this and our other events, have a look on the upcoming events listing.
Posted by David.